Accident Insurance Protection
Expat accident and disability insurance accidents can occur anytime at any stage of everyone’s life. Its therefore important to take extra steps to protect yourself against unexpected incidents. Personal Accident Insurance provides a comprehensive protection to support you and your dependents financially when the unexpected occurs.
There are a number of different areas and options that need to be considered when looking at taking out a policy to ensure that you have the correct coverage in place for your specific needs as an expatriate.
- Daily hospital cash
- Reimbursement of actual medical expenses
- Permanent disablement
- Accidental death benefit
- Accident Assistance Benefit
- 24-hour emergency assistance service
- Temporary disablement benefit
- Fiscal support in event of disablement or dismemberment
- Protection from minor accidents right up to accidental death
With some policies available the above can be linked to life insurance policies so a persons whole insurance is covered for better protection.
Most importantly these accident policies offer financial support to cover the medical costs and income disruption arising from accident, protecting you and your loved ones at all times.
Disability Insurance Protection
Disability protection insurance can protect yourself and your loved ones in the event in the event of an extreme accident or illness that causes some form of disability. You would receive regular income in the event of becoming disabled after an accident or sickness. This feature would provide relief to you and your loved ones from the financial hardship that inevitably arises at such difficult times by taking out a disability insurance protection policy. There are a number of benefits as an expatriate to having expat disability insurance.
- Provide income security by total disability benefit and partial disability benefit
- Premium waiver
- Death benefit
- Choices of waiting period
- Choices of Maximum Benefit Period
- Cover both temporary and permanent disablement
- Total or partial disability cover
- Optional Additional Coverage of accident protection cover
Disability Protection is a form of insurance that insures your earned income against the risk that disability will make working (and therefore earning) impossible. These plans provide protection from loss of income to help you cover ongoing expenses. A good plan can provide much needed relief to you and your family as you adjust to your new life.
Expat Accident and Disability Insurance Plan Summary
- You may be able cover up to 75% of your annual income with an overall maximum of US$144,000 for individual clients and up to $200,000 per member for group plans.
- We also offer Global Life and Accident Insurance.
- Benefits and premiums can be paid in Pounds Sterling (£), Euros (€) or US Dollars ($).
- When you apply you choose when you would like the benefit to begin to be paid during a claim (3- or 6-month waiting period), and how much cover you require.
- Cover continues right through to age 65, normal retirement date, if earlier, recovery, or on your return to work.
In the event of a valid and approved claim, your benefit payments will increase by 2% compound annually.
- Once the plan is in force, if you return to your home country of citizenship you may be able to continue to renew your cover provided that the local laws in your country permit you to do so, and provided that cover is available in that country. Note that coverage can’t be continued if you move to the USA or Canada.
- Benefit payments are made monthly once you have been off work for your chosen waiting period.
- Premiums are age banded and will increase on annual renewal.
- If your inability to work lasts more than 24 months proof of disability may be required, If this is the case, benefits will continue to be paid until you are able to return to work, you reach age 65, or upon death (whichever is soonest).
Click here for next page Critical Illness Insurance